Our mission is to provide quality senior services guided by Christian values.
Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s continuum of care encompasses a full range of residence options – from independent living to assisted living, to skilled nursing care – with the comfort and well-being of each resident our highest priority.
Our employees bring this mission to life with person-centered care and a simple promise, the way you want to live.
The way you want to live is more than a tagline; it is a culture built on a method of delivering services and care to residents based on the resident’s personal choices and preferences. This social care model, sometimes called “person- or resident-centered care” creates a more welcoming and familiar environment for residents.
Here are some pertinent facts about Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America (PMMA):
- Non profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- 15 campuses in Kansas and Missouri, and a brand new campus is under development in Colorado Springs.
- Serves more than 2,400 residents.
- Employs approximately 2,200 people.
- A board of trustees governs PMMA. Each campus has a mission committee comprised of community leaders who provide insight and guidance to the needs of the area.
- PMMA provides equal access to services for all residents, without unlawful discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or age.
Bruce H. Shogren, President/CEO
Bill Taylor, Chief Operating Officer
Melanie Owens, Chief Financial Officer and Sr. Vice President of Human Resources
Karen Harriman, Chief Marketing Officer and Sr. Vice President of Communications and PR
Jeanne Gerstenkorn, Sr. Vice President of Health and Wellness
Sherry Hind, Vice President of Corporate Administrative Services
Gary McGuire, Vice President of Information Technology
Sarah Oenning, Vice President, Department of Giving
Board of Trustees
Robert S. Bonney
Gary D. Brennecke
James J. Cook, Chair
Rev. John Goodwin
Dan F. Harris
Elizabeth B. McKell
Aaron Morrison, Vice-Chair